Saturday, February 2, 2008

Who's Hot? Who's Not?

I can't take the Miami-Duke game anymore. They are just slurping Duke even more than usual today.

So, who's hot you ask?

It turns out I am. Memphis is 6-4 in their last 10 but winners of their last five. Detroit is amidst a five-game winning streak as well, also going 6-4 in their last 10 games. Minnesota has taken 7 of 10, including four straight.

In the NL, Philadelphia is riding a five-game winning streak in the NL East, with Colorado Springs winning four straight. Atlanta, winner of three straight, have the hottest hand, though, winning eight of their last 10.

On the flip side...Vegas has lost five straight and 7 of their last 10. Not to be out done leaguemates Pittsburgh and Richmond are losers of their past four. The Shburgh has dropped 8 of their last 10. In an effort to not discourage ewad, I sucked hard in my first season of HBD. By the all-star break I didn't have a pitcher in my minor league system with any stamina and I maxed out my payroll so I couldn't do anything about it. You'll learn the system. Don't give up on it and don't hesitate to ask questions.

The National League is host to the three longest losing streaks in the Wailing Onion. The San Juan Epsteins (the team of my youth) are losers of their last 14. Challenging their futility are D.C., losers of their last eight, and Burlington, riding a six-game stinker.

Speaking of stinkers, DePaul-Notre Dame is live on ESPN Classic. This one should be putrid.

No comments: