Thursday, February 28, 2008

rbedwell Saves the Wailing Onion from Timoxplosion

rbedwell, charming chap that he is, gets executive of the year and it's only the all-star break. In one fail swoop, he saved Timo Phillips from the trading block and exposed some of us for the HBD newbies that we are.

Had we actually read Timo's profile page, we would have known that Timo Phillips is in his arbitration eligible year, not his walk year. In the process, he saved San Juan from the undignified pain of trading their top hitter and shifting the competitive balance in a way that only ewad could do.

A tip of the Starbucks iced latte to you rbedwell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just assumed a 31 yr-old would be a free agent. Being a Pirates fan, I should be used to the top prospects not arriving in the majors until they're in their late 20s!

Regardless, thanks rbedwell...and everyone else for the advice in my first year as GM.

Anonymous said...

I would add, however, that I did state on multiple occasions that I wouldn't have made a trade that would shift the competitive balance unless I received an over-the-top offer.