Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The cutoff part of the trade post

Part of the trade post was cutoff...apologies...

Steven Hernandez
Detroit
Great Lake St
Age: 21B/T: S/L
Born: Stouffville, ON
Position(s): P (SP4)
View Hardball Dynasty Profile

At AA, Hernandez is 21 years old and getting close to his projected number. He pairs above-average velocity with nearly equal control. He projects above average at sinker and fastball and an average cutter and change.

Statistically speaking, he is 9-7 with a 4.46 ERA and 108-31 K-BB this season as a starter. He spent last season in the bullpen at AAA, going 6-5 with a 5.99 in 50 appearances. He did make three starts, but tallied just 100.2 innings pitched.
****
OPINION: I don't doubt that zar and pengoman are smart owners. I see exactly why pengo would want to move Phillips. He represents such a salary burden and prevents the ability to make choices for the long-term. I appreciate pengo's circumstance and his desire to make San Juan a winner down the road.

That said, WIS provides the option to accept and veto trades to protect the competitive balance of the game. It gives the owners the power to stand up in opposition of a trade if they feel it is lopsided. There's no bar, no exact measure for what is fair and unfair. It's in the eyes of the beholder and the same question could be posed as to whether the veto power is used fairly or not. I chose to veto this trade because I thought that the trade was not a good one for the league itself. In my eyes, San Juan got 60 cents on the dollar for Timo and they paid for 20 of it.

No comments: