Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nerio Watch

While I watch Syracuse piddle away a lead to DePaul, I thought I'd throw an update on.

Nerio Turner cooled off today. In the three cycles on January 30, Cleveland's rightfielder hit one home run in eight at-bats. In fairness, the Wahoos had the AM cycle off. He has a dozen homers in 47 at-bats, giving him one home run ever four at bats or so. What's more amazing is that he's only rung up six strikeouts. Not quite the Reggie Jackson/Jose Canseco power hitter.

Nerio gets one more shot at Detroit's pitching before opening a seven-game homestand against New York and Colorado.

And, with Detroit's proximity to the Canadian border, I'm sure Nerio stocked up on HGH during a trip over the bridge to Windsor.

1 comment:

madmuldoon said...

I'm ready for nero my pitchers are to intentionally walk him at all times.