Thursday, January 21, 2010

What happened to the Chechakos??



Hello there this is your trusty reporter I. B. Lyon at the headquarters of the New York Chechakos. I am here to interview the eccentric and obtuse owner of the Chechakos, Madmuldoon. Again the New York Chechakos lost in the ALCS. And again they were let down by the Bats. I found Muldoon sitting behind his huge ornate wooden desk. With piles upon piles of papers stacked haphazardly on either side of his balding head. I seated myself directly across from his desk and positioned myself to best see his face through the columns of papers. He glanced up and said " Oh... its you again." he then snapped the pencil he was writing with and shards of lead and wood flew in every direction. I waited until Doon retrieved another from the drawer and looked me in the eye. I asked " So Doon what happened in the ALCS? " He snapped another Ticonderoga #2 , then said. " My boys pitched thier hearts out and my star position players let us down . Especially Al Espinosa , he really stunk it up. Further more i have asked him to quit his relationship with Maddona . She is baseball Kryptonite . " I decided to change course and asked another less touchy question. " Mr Muldoon what about free agent Jimmie Walters ? are you planning on resigning him?"  Doon found another pencil and replied. " Of course we plan on keeping Jimmy. He wants 5 years at 6.25 per year and i think we can find the funds somewhere."  I thought to myself that maybe if he used metal pencils he could save a little cash.
Doon stood up and ushered me to the door all the while apologizing that he had no more time. we shook hands and i could her sobbing after the door closed.

Well Onion fans it looks like Doon is heart broken over his Chechakos failures in the playoffs. Can doon win it all this season? Will Al Espinoza finally play ball on the field? Does Sammy Gonzales have another year in him? And will Jimmy resign a big contract? All these questions will have to be adressed  in the off season. this is I.B lyon reporting for Mad news.

No comments: