My intention is to keep the blog updated all season long. One of the ways I want to do this is with some new content. Many of us (well over half) have been here since day one, yet we only know each other by our aliases and team names. So, I offer myself up in the first profile in our new series, Better Know an Owner.If you haven't figured it out already, my name is Jared Paventi. I'm 32 years old, married and I live in my hometown of Syracuse, NY. That's me, off to the right, at a friend's wedding. Thanks to many of those green bottles of Yuengling, I don't remember much about that evening.
I have mentioned all of my jobs in the past as reason for the blog getting neglected. Let me explain. I'm the director of communications and information technology for the Alzheimer's Association, Central New York Chapter, which is my primary job. I'm also an adjunct professor at Bryant & Stratton College's Syracuse campus, where I teach graphic design. And, just because I like to keep things interesting, I'm a contract writer for Demand Media. I'm a graduate of St. Bonaventure University, a small Catholic college in Upstate New York that is best known for producing NBA hall of famer Bob Lanier and for a NCAA basketball scandal in 2003 or 2004. I have a master's from Syracuse University.
When I'm not working or tinkering with my HBD squad, I read, cook, drink overpriced beer and watch a lot of college basketball. I had the opportunity to have a career in sports communications. I worked extensively at both colleges in their athletic departments, with Syracuse University paying for my master's. In the end, I chose to have a stable relationship where I didn't have to move every few years for a new job. And, I have most of my weekends off. So, no regrets there.
I started out by playing Hoops and Grid dynasty. I tried one season of Hardball and walked away. I wanted to get back in and was inline to be part of a first-time owners league. The league's plans fell apart and mark was there to pick us all up with the WO. I had a team Wrigleyville, another mark creation, but gave it up due to time.
If you are on Facebook or Twitter, go ahead and friend me.
No comments:
Post a Comment